Date(s) - 11/07/2020
Rampion Offshore Windfarm
Information on the Rampion Windfarm trip can be found by following the link.
Windfarm Trip 2020 Schedule
During the summer months we will be offering tours of the windfarm on Saturdays and Sunday every week. The trips will generally be scheduled to depart Brighton Marina at 10am and 2pm. During the season additional trips including evenings and weekdays will be available. The boat is available for private charter for a group booking.
This Rampion Offshore Windfarm trip lasts at least 3 hours aboard private charter vessel Defiance to the Rampion Offshore Windfarm. The trip departs from the popular and accessible Brighton Marina. The route takes you to the North East corner of the windfarm. Once in the windfarm we slow down to pass between the turbines, in order for details of the project can be given. The boat travels through the windfarm passing the Offshore Sub-station. The boat returns to Brighton near to the West Pier before returning to the Marina along the seafront. Defiance normally operates with 2 crew to enable a detailed talk with the opportunity to ask questions about the project.
Literature is on board about the windfarm and wildlife of the area. Videos of construction are also shown during the trip. The Rampion Windfarm is about 8 miles offshore from Brighton at the closest point, stretching over an area of approximately 27 square miles. The windfarm was named after the round-headed rampion flower, also known as the Pride of Sussex and the county flower of Sussex. Offshore construction began in January 2016 with the 116 Vesta turbines all installed by the end of 2018. The project was fully completed in January 2019.
Costs and Discounts
- Windfarm Tour – £40 per person
- Private charter for up to 10 persons to the windfarm – £350
Why Choose Us?
Simply we are the original and give the best information concerning the Rampion Windfarm Project.
Defiance was the first boat to offer trips to the windfarm. The first trip was in June 2016, just six months into the project when the foundations were being installed. This is a full year before any other. Paul, the owner skipper of Defiance worked on the Rampion Met-Mast leading up to the main construction, so has background history and knowledge of operations on the windfarm.
No other boats can offer all of the following:
- Defiance normally operates with two crew on-board. This enables crew to be on deck to assist and answer questions.
- Information on the windfarm project is on-board including the important facts and figures, both printed and on-screen
- The trip normally returns along the Brighton seafront. Equavalent of an additional £8 trip
- Defiance is equipped with seats with cushions for all.
- A cabin is available for passengers in case of rain
- Complimentary tea and coffee.
- A toilet is on-board.
- A opening in the back of the vessel for easier access. (no climbing over side)
- We are the only company in Brighton offering trips who do not offer fishing trips as well. We do not feel that running trips after fishing from a vessel is appropriate.
For everyone’s comfort and safety this trip will only run in very good conditions. If the trip is postponed by the skipper due to the sea conditions, the voucher purchased for this trip can be used on a subsequent trip.
Warm clothing and flat non-slip shoes, suitable for walking over a wet deck are essential for the trip. Whilst Defiance has a cabin, to get the most from this trip viewing from the open deck affords the best views and photo opportunities. Complimentary teas and coffees are included whilst at sea.
The standard Terms and Conditions apply to this trip. You must contact us by 8pm the evening before your booked trip to confirm the weather conditions are suitable.
To book onto a trip to the Rampion windfarm, or to discuss other dates available, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07711 325986 or use the contact page. Payment is required to secure the booking.