Rampion Offshore Windfarm
The Rampion Offshore Windfarm is the first windfarm to be built in the English Channel. It is situated approximately 7 miles from the Sussex coast and is clearly visible from Worthing to Beachy Head and beyond.
The location of the windfarm, means it is also the first windfarm to be readily accessible to view up close. Coming on this trip is not just a sightseeing trip. Information surrounding the project is given on the boat.
You can see some of this information on our Facebook Page
When to visit the windfarm
Trips to the windfarm run throughout the year on good days. A list of dates can be found here. or use the calendar to the side (below if on a mobile). If you don’t see a date to suit you, please contact us using our form or email email@example.com as other trips can be arranged.
If you wish to book a windfarm trip please contact us using our form or email firstname.lastname@example.org We require an email for booking as we need to send you information about the trip and to keep you informed if the weather is poor.
We are happy to answer questions over the phone. If calling (07711 325986), we may be at sea or out of range.
Why Choose Us?
Simply we are the original and give the best information concerning the Rampion Windfarm Project.
Defiance was the first boat to offer trips to the windfarm. The first trip was in June 2016, just six months into the project when the foundations were being installed. This is a full year before any other. Paul, the owner skipper of Defiance worked on the Rampion Met-Mast leading up to the main construction, so has background history and knowledge of operations on the windfarm.
No other boats can offer all of the following:
- Defiance normally operates with two crew on-board. This enables crew to be on deck to assist and answer questions.
- Information on the windfarm project is on-board including the important facts and figures, both printed and on-screen
- The trip normally returns along the Brighton seafront. Equavalent of an additional £8 trip
- Defiance is equipped with seats with cushions for all.
- A cabin is available for passengers in case of rain
- Complimentary tea and coffee.
- A toilet is on-board.
- A opening in the back of the vessel for easier access. (no climbing over side)
- We are the only company in Brighton offering trips who do not offer fishing trips as well. We do not feel that running trips after fishing from a vessel is appropriate.
The best place to access the windfarm is from Brighton Marina. The marina boasts numerous restaurants and places to relax, to make the trip part of a full days entertainment.
Brighton Marina is easy to find just minutes from Brighton centre and the train station. The marina is accessible by foot from Brighton and is served with a bus services and taxis. The marina also offers free parking in the multi-story car park.
Shoreham is slightly closer to the windfarm, however, Shoreham is governed lock gates and tides, making regular excursions more difficult and does not have the access nor range of other amenities.Share this